I’m a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Vermont. My research expertise is broadly the study of dynamics on complex systems, especially the spread of contagion on interaction networks involving group (higher-order) interactions. My research always starts with noticing things around me and asking, “why?” I’ve worked in both academia and industry which gives me a unique perspective on applied mathematics.
My portfolio is a collection of some projects that I’ve worked on personally, professionally, and academically. For more about me, see my bio, CV, or list of publications. You can also take a look at my blog.
- Complex systems with higher-order interactions (hypergraphs, etc.)
- Contagion spread (disease, opinions, etc.)
- Dynamical models of political processes
- Dynamical systems
- June 2022: I started as a postdoctoral research associate at the University of Vermont!
- May 2022: Joint work with jimi adams on the limitations of using uniplex data representations for modeling multiplex contagion is now available on the ArXiv.
- March 2022: I gave a talk at NERCCS 2022 on how community structure in hypergraphs can lead to polarization and won Best Oral Presentation.
- March 2022: I defended my dissertation and am now a Doctor of Applied Mathematics!
- February 2022: I performed in a concert as a member of a 5-piano ensemble!
- February 2022: I accepted a postdoctoral position at the University of Vermont, working with the Complex Systems Center and the TGIR Center under Jean-Gabriel Young and Laurent Hébert-Dufresne!
- January 2022: I presented a poster at Dynamics Days on how community structure in hypergraphs can lead to polarization!
- December 2021: I gave a talk at the Canadian Mathematics Society Winter Meeting on hypergraph assortativity!
- December 2021: My article was published in Physical Review E!
- November 2021: I gave a talk at the Conference on Complex Networks and their Applications on hypergraph assortativity!
- November 2021: Leo Torres and I released version 0.1 of XGI, a Python package for representing and analyzing complex systems with higher-order interactions.
- September 2021: Joint work with Juan G. Restrepo was posted on ArXiv.
- August 2021: I became a PhD candidate in Applied Mathematics after passing my comprehensive exam.
- July 2021: I gave a talk at Networks 2021 on joint work with jimi adams.